Published on : 16/12/2020
List of proposed activities before the opening of the alpine ski area!
If you are looking for the great outdoors…Champagny le Haut offers a wide variety of activities to entertain you and recharge your batteries (served by a free shuttle*) :
Thus, the Nordic site in Champagny-le-Haut will be open, allowing :
- The practice of cross-country skiing, with 24km of groomed tracks in classic or skating, with free access or supervised practice with an ESF instructor (remember to book a maximum of 5 people from the same family / group: 04 79 55 06 40).
- Access to the toboggan run, ideal with children, not forgetting the snow cave with 2 “rooms” of snow sculptures on the theme of polar animals and the alpine arc (free access from 9am to 5pm).
- 6 pedestrian and snowshoe itineraries, 4 of which are very easy with a maximum height difference of 100m.
Dog sled rides
- Horseback riding activities with horse rides, pony initiation, and pony sledding but also ski joëring, an activity that comes straight from the Nordic countries, to be tested without further delay. Information/reservation after Sophie (the Pt’it Ranch) 06 89 78 15 64
In search of unusual activities, we propose you :
- Tethered balloon flights (new): take a high altitude and admire the valley from above! 20€/adult and 12€/child, possible for children from 6 years old. On Thursday December 24th and 31st, don’t forget to book at the Tourist Office, maximum 4 people in the basket.
- Climbing on the Ice Tower, initiation at night with a guide (45€/person) and access to autonomous climbers on the Ice Tower.
If you prefer a cultural activity, in a warm place, the Espace Glacialis Mountain Glacier Interpretation Center is made for you. Its doors are open to visitors every afternoon from 2 to 6 pm (except WE), with reservation of a time slot required at the Tourist Office.
From Champagny village (Champagny-le-Bas),
If you are sporty or contemplative…the pedestrian/snowshoe circuits are marked out and accessible, but also 2 discovery itineraries “street walks” through the village’s alleys.
Finally, the paragliding instructors will offer you tandem flights.
Some activities can be supervised by professionals such as ski touring, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
If you wish to relax…
Rollande (Harmonie et bien-être 06 87 55 66 22) and Kathy (06 78 01 03 77) will be delighted to give you wellness massages.